|Supported by:||Skills for First Aid|
This regulated and nationally recognised qualification provides Learners with the opportunity to develop the basic skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of emergency paediatric first aid situations which could arise when looking after children.
During this 1 day course, Learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of paediatric first aid situations, including:
- managing an unresponsive infant or child
- wounds and bleeding and more
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (QCF) qualification is perfect for:
- Parents or family members who want to learn key paediatric first aid skills
- Those who work with children and are not required to comply with Ofsted’s Childcare Register or EYFS requirements
- Those who want to provde additional support in their organisation to the paediatric first aiders that are trained to meet EYFS or Ofsted Childcare Register requirements
Please note: This qualification does not fulfil Ofsted’s first aid requirements for early years teachers, nursery workers and child minders (as defined within the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 and within The Child Care Register guide). Those who need to comply with Ofsted’s Childcare Register or EYFS requirements should complete the 2 day QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF).